Dark and dull skin can be caused by over exposure to the sun, environment, pollution, medical condition, dry skin, stress, poor lifestyle choices and prolonged use of chemical based cosmetic products. There are 5 ways to lighten the akin naturally
Yogurt has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties.
-Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with Luke warm water.Do this once daily for several weeks to notice a change in your complexion.
– Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this once daily to improve your skin tone.
Oranges have vitamin c which is good for skin care.Plus oranges have bleaching properties that can lighten your skin tone. To lighten your skin tone oranges can be used in two different ways
– Combine 2 tablespoon of orange juice and a pinch of powdered tumeric. Apply this mixture on your face and neck before going to bed.You can apply it on your hands and legs.Wash it off after 20-30 minutes daily.
– Grind dried orange peeling into powder. Mix 1 tablespoon of the powdered peels with 1 tablespoon plain yogurt to make a paste. Apply the paste on your skin and leave it for 15-20minutes. Rinse off with water. This will help lighten spots and other marks on your face. Do this once or twice a week.
Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Honey also helps to fade aging spots and acne scars.
-Apply pure honey to your face, leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off with Luke warm water to help remove dead skin cells making your skin appear brighter and fresher before.
– To make a skin lightening mask, combine 1 tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of powdered milk and one and a half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10-15minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Its acid properties in lemons work as a natural bleaching agent for the skin and the high amount of vitamin C in them encourages new cell growth.
– Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply directly on the face. Leave it on for at least an hour and then wash your face with water. Do this once a daily. This remedy will lighten your skin complexion and also prevent the development of scars.
Alternatively mix together 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, powdered milk and honey. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off.Do this daily.
5) Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color and lighten dark spots
– Cut the outer layers of an aloe Vera leaf
-Squeeze out the thick, jelly like substance.
-Apply the gel thoroughly on your skin
-Leave it on for about 30minutes and then wash it off with water.
-Do this at least twice daily for 2 weeks.